Media Venter

a glimpse of Anngiely's opinions and random rabblings about media.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Today, I finish completing the media use inventory and the results were rather shocking. The days I spend without the media is 105 days. There are 365 days in a year. Subtract 365 from 105 equals 260. I assume I spend 260 days dealing with some sort of media? Anyways, I usually spend most of my time listening to music (5 hours a week) and watching television. (4 hours a week) The total hours a week I spend with media is 20 hours. Yes, practically a day. I truly cannot imagine my life without the media. Ugh, how did people living in the 1800s live life without it? Talk about boredom, but I’m sure they lived a more productive life than me.

Here’s a bit of information about the “you and the media survey” I took.

2. What was the last book you read? What kind of impact did it have on your life? The last book I read was Fast Food Nation. This book has definitely impacted my life by limiting my fast food intake. It also gives a great in dept look about the fast food industry.
13. What is your current favorite song? Nujabes- Think Different. This song is highly recommended for anyone who is into underground hip-hop.
24. Which of the media do you think influences you the most in terms of opinions, values, clothing styles, products you purchase and so on? Why? Definitely television. For examples, VH1’s The Celebrity Life of… show. The public gets to have a glimpse of what a typical celebrity life is. Viewers get to see what sees what the celebrity wears, their opinions and etc. Many people, especially children, eat that up thus imitating the celebrities’ lifestyle.

A quick side note, P Diddy’s girl group Danity Kane debuted number 1 on the billboard charts!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I guess it pays to have reality show.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Jeff Macias said...

Wow! One hundred and five days without media. I can't remember the last day I wasn't bombarded with the stuff. As for the television, four hours, to me, could count as one sitting, (I'm so embarrased.) Add in radio, reading materials, and internet and I think I've got the twenty weely hours wrapped up in a weekend. So, all in all, don't feel to bad, your a Bay Area media consumer like the rest of us Silicon Valley-ites.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Anngiely S. said...

Oh yes its a given living in the Silicon Valley your bound to consume a large amount of media on a weekly basis. Thanks for the comment

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a movie called fast food nation is coming out soon. i don't know if it's based on the book, though. i do know that it stars greg kinnear and i just might read that book. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home