Media Venter

a glimpse of Anngiely's opinions and random rabblings about media.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Who said bloggers aren't respected?

Before I start discussing the recent news on blogging, I'd like to congratulate our fellow SJSU students for being the finalistS for the Chevy ad contest. I'm more than sure these 3 students represented their school well in Detroit! I hope they go all the way and take the win! Who wouldn't want to brag to their family and friends that a group of SJSU students created a Super Bowl Ad? This win could put our school on the map!

Back on the topic of blogging, the Los Angeles Times posted an article about CNN trying to incorporate bloggers to next weeks elections. CNN will be hosting an "E-lection Nite Blog Party." This event will be held at a Washington Internet lounge along with two dozen bloggers from all from political ranges. These bloggers, such as RedState and Daily Kos will all be in one place to provide instant reactions to the election results next week. (Don't forget to vote on November 7!) Each person will have their own monitor, which can be turned into any channel. The event will also include free wireless access, food and beverages. I guess you can consider this the P Diddy party for bloggers.

David Bohrman, CNN's Washington bureau chief said "Bloggers are leading the conversation. You could argue that most of the political dialogue in this country is happening online, so if you don't incorporate that into your coverage, you're missing a major element." I definitely agree with Bohram. Our society is moving into a different direction as far as media coverage for the election. It is not just newspapers, television, and radio, but it is the Internet, Forums, Websites and yes Blogs. I never knew blogs have such a huge impact on society.I never realize until I experienced it first hand. Who remembers the threat comment I received? I'm sure you all know that exciting story! (if not, refer please to my October 4 post) Before taking this class, I thought blogs were just a basic "online diary" meaning posting a post how your day went, how much you partied last weekend, etc. Its way more than that, its about posting your opinions such as your political views and advertising I mean just check out what CNN is now doing. With that said do you still think blogs are nothing? Think again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home